The Impatient Farmgirl- Strawberry Growing in the Snow...Yay Spring!!


So yeah, remember in my last post how I figured I could plant strawberries in March in New York?
This is what I woke up to about a week later!


 
 The good news is that I totally didn't panic.  When I heard that we were in for a possible snowfall, I carefully covered them with bubble wrap and plastic sheeting, then held it in place with some wooden pickets and a few bath towels!
Here's what that looked like



































 

 

 Then I went out front to my Tulips and Hyacynths and covered them with aluminum baking pans left from Christmas

Funny thing was this beautiful winter wonderland completely melted by the afternoon!
But not before I took some last minute wintery pics- enjoy!!

Linking with

http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/

No comments